Our properties are rented through local estate agents who will provide a full tenant reference for each prospective tenant and also an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement.
The agreement contains the terms and obligations of the tenancy. It sets out the promises made by the landlord to the tenant and by the tenant to the landlord. These promises will be legally binding once the agreement has been signed by both parties and then dated.
EPC - Energy Performance Certificate
The energy efficiency rating is a measure of the overall efficiency of a home. The higher the rating the more energy efficient the home is and the lower the fuel bills are likely to be.
- Repairs to the structure and exterior of the property, heating and hot water installations, basins, sinks, baths and other sanitary installations
- The safety of gas and electrical appliances
- The fire safety of furniture and furnishings provided under the tenancy
- Ensuring that the property is fit for habitation
- Repairing and keeping in working order the room and water heating equipment
- The common areas in multi-occupancy dwellings
- Providing an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) to new tenants
- Paying the rent as agreed and taking proper care of the property
- Bills for gas electricity, telephone, etc.
- Paying the council tax, water and sewerage charges
- To ensure their personal contents are adequately insured
- http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/BuyingAndSellingYourHome /LettingYourHome/DG_4001391
- http://www.uow.edu.au/content/groups/public/@web/@accomm/documents /doc/uow047923.pdf